miércoles, 27 de octubre de 2010

Good news!



Some days ago I told you that I was going to submit an illustration to a manga contest. It was the very first time I did something into manga in a professional mode, aside of fanarts or other drawings only for fun. Well...today I received a mail announcing me that I won the contest. It's kinda weird, my first manga drawing makes me winner in a contest...but whatthehell! I'm happy!


This is the work. I titled it 'Countess Bathory'. The only thing that motivates me -in any artistic genre-, is to draw something dark, haha.


And this is the prize. A Dragon Ball poster (old school! haha), a manga zine, a diary, a manga comic (The Ringu), some postcards...nothing fancy. But hey, for me it's symbolic. The important thing is to participate.

PS: by the way, yesterday I joined the Newgrounds community. Better than DeviantArt, really! You can check my profile clicking the link I added at the right of this blog.

2 comentarios:

  1. Congrats, Raquel. The Ringu comic looks to have potential, but you're right, the symbolic dominance of your art is really what's represented here. One entry, one win.

    Also, thanks for the link to the artist I asked about a couple of days ago - he was the right guy. I wasn't able to steal what I needed to from him, so I had to settle on a plain black background to my website. I have a couple of days (weeks?) left of work to do on my new site - The Degradation Of Morality - and then I'll share the link with you. I think it'll be right up your alley (metal & film reviews).

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Thank you very much, Jake! Winning the contest has given me much encouragement to submit more works to other competitions :)

    Regarding your site, it's really a pity that you cannot use his artwork. Mark Riddick is a master doing rotted zombies and other putrid creatures :/ Anyway, you really don't need all these 'additives', I mean your reviews are the most important thing! I'm waiting eagerly to visit it!

    Cheers and take care!

    R.

    ResponderEliminar